Sunday, January 2, 2011

sometimes you have to hit bottom ...

It turns out that my wife is an excellent judge of character. I don't know why I'm surprised, she always has been.

My crazy sister-in-law, with her new boyfriend (and his estranged children) had a vacation in Florida over the holiday. Not only was it the absolute worst time to go to the "house of mouse", not only did she spend a fortune on the trip, but it turns out that this dude is the sleaze bag we all figured him for.

Now, the fact that the two of them got pretty serious way too soon after my brother-in-law died (that is another story altogether) is one thing, but compound that with the fact that this dude makes George W look like a rocket scientist ... well, let's say it  makes for a lot of drama.

I keep telling my wife that her sister is going to push everybody away for this dude, and that behavior is fairly common ( I know, I've had the benefit of doing it twice in my life before I married Diana) and that no matter how much she tries to warn her sister that this will end bad, there really is no choice but to let her sister hit a sort of "bottom" before she realizes what she has done and how many loved ones she has alienated by continuing to see this mouth-breather.

I joke and say that this moron must have some magical "junk" to cause an otherwise intelligent and responsible adult to act like a jr. high school girl with a crush on some popular douche bag.

I just don't get it.

No comments: